For the fourth time, I have been laid off. I have not quit a job since 1980, and that was part time at Pier 1. Polycolor closed. Lanman closed. SGS had a layoff, and there have been more since then. Now Best Buy is closing my store.
I hate looking for a job. First there is the constant rejection. Then there is the uncertainty about the company; Are they a good place to work? These days almost every job posting requires a college degree and experience. I could go to college, and in 3 years, I would have the degree, but not the experience. Even if I did, what subject? And there is a lot of age discrimination.
So I guess I will go to every local business and try to apply. I would rather be out of retail because of the hours and black Friday, but I like helping people. I would enjoy educating older people on technology. Sometimes it is frustrating, like when he lady said, "How would I know what my password is?"
I have to go to work now.

No comments: