Image

It looks like the battle of the Hi-def disc is nearly over. Blu-ray is the probable winner.
I always knew it would win. The name is cool. Just imagine your choice: Blu-ray or HD-DVD. You want a new cool technology. HD-DVD is too many letters, hard to say, and sounds like DVD, the old technology. In reality the two are very similar, but the marketing makes the difference.

The same is true for presidential candidates. I suspect Obama will win the Democratic nomination. The choice is between a young articulate black man and an older white woman. I think most people will go for Obama. I does not matter what they say. I don't think people care much about words. They react at a deeper level. That is why the taller candidate usually wins. I suspect the one who talks faster and more clearly may have an advantage too.

The problem is that we are electing a manager, not a host.

No comments: